Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Robert's Love Letter to me

Fall 2011
Dear Melissa,
As the “…Lord God planted a garden in the east, in Eden…” (Genesis 2:8), he also planted you on this earth. “And the Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground – trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food.” (Genesis 2:9). He also made you “pleasing to the eye” and “good for food.”
If the Lord planted the garden, I know it was beautiful. I have never seen the garden but know that it could be compared to the beauty I see in you. I can compare you to the food of the Garden of Eden – as the food was good for the man to eat for nourishment, you are good food for my soul and faith.
A flower is not perfect until a florist grooms it to be so. The flower is beautiful even before it has blossomed. You are my flower in the midst of blossoming. Even as you are, the Lord is pruning you to make you the way He wants you.
Baby, my beautiful flower…I am so happy to have you in my life and thankful that the Lord is allowing me to be a set of shears to help prune you.
I love you,
Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment