Friday, July 8, 2011

A poem: How I Need You

How I Need You
By Melissa Wren

Oh how I need You,
Desperately I cling
to the cross of deliverance
You promise to bring

I surrender my will
Wave the white flag
Wait to hear your voice
Struggle to be still

Oh how I need You
The breath of your grace
Remove all my pride
That causes disgrace

I give up this fight
within myself to
wrestle a dead woman
to the floor
Losing sight of
Your love, Your forever more

Oh how I need You
Your hand that holds me firm
Oh how I need You
For the lessons I’ve yet to learn

Make me a vessel
Fill me to the brim
With your love, compassion
So I feel Christ within

Oh how I need You
to make it through today
I give myself over
to your presence.
Please don’t go away.
For in your presence
I find that You’ll
never let me stray.

No comments:

Post a Comment