Monday, December 20, 2010

Not Just Another Love Letter

Not Just Another Love Letter
By: Melissa Wren

Why don’t you realize darling
You’re all that I need,
Come to me broken
I’ll understand
How hard it is not being able to
Do it in your own strength

That’s why I love you,
You try at your own demise
But I gladly kiss the tears
from your drowning eyes

We are one – God gave us two roles
Why must you try to do mine?

You’re my love, my laughter
My greatest masterpiece
A chandelier showcasing a ballroom
Or a sequence on an accessory piece

To me you shine the brightest
When you’re not pretending
to be someone else
you never see the true beauty in the
cracks that shine through the natural light

I delight in your company,
So simply uniquely complicated
But always quick on your feet
You try and find an enduring way
To be sophisticated.

When I go to grab your hand,
Away from me I wish you wouldn’t pull
Knowing someday, we’ll be together forever
I can hardly wait for that day
Because I’m nobody’s fool.

If ever there were a reason for me to exist
I’m sure you are it
You need my assistance,
And though I get your resistance
I’m confident in the consistent way I persist

One day soon I’ll sweep you 
Deep into my arms
You’ll finally look into my eyes
We will melt into one

Don’t ever be afraid my beautiful bride
It’s me
But when I take the seat beside our Father,
Know that I’m still yours,
And I’ll pick you up when you fall to your feet.


*Isn’t it a comfort to know that this is how Jesus looks at each one of us? This hasn’t been the easiest of seasons of life for a while now, and I hope it has been for you. God gave me words that overflowed out of my heart today, and for that I’m so thankful. I love my friends and family and hope you’re doing well. Love you, Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment