Thursday, December 30, 2010

Postcards from Lucifer

Every once in a while when I’m
Facing one of life’s moral dilemmas
Of right versus wrong
I get a postcard from Lucifer
Saying, “sure wish you were here,”
The days are filled with laughter,
And overflowing with beer,
No worries and nothing to fear.

It’s the easy life
So forget your Christian convictions
Let go of the unnecessary strife
With all the “restrictions”

Come indulge yourself in life’s
Abundant pleasures
Come experience what I have to offer,
And I’ll give you all of life’s treasures.”

And for a moment, it’s tempting.
After all – it is the road most often taken,
But then I recognize Satan’s
Sly whispers
Which reminds me how I will be forsaken     

For Lucifer’s postcard promises
Are empty and filled with deception
So I respond promptly with my
Letter of resignation

The Lord, my God, has changed
My sinful desires
Giving me a new heart, a new start
And that is where my soul retires

With Him my future vacation
Has security
It’s not the falsity of the mirage
In the desert masqued
By obscurity

So now whenever Lucifer sends
Me postcards
In an effort to hinder
I send them back with a big
Red stamp that reads
“Wrong address. Return to sender!”

No comments:

Post a Comment