Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Encouraging Reviews for Cancer Chronicles


I hope the start of this New Year is going well for all of you. Lately, I’ve received some very unexpected feedback from people who didn’t know my dad but read  “Cancer Chronicles: One Man’s Journey to Glorify God Through Illness.” It applies to anyone going through trials, and the following reviews are uplifting and praises to God.

“I never had the opportunity to meet ‘my brother’, Bill Williams; though we do have several things in common. Bill lost his fight with an incurable disease, and I am losing mine. Bill had cancer; I have ALS. And both of us agree with Jim Edwards, who said: “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose.” I found it very encouraging to read Cancer Chronicles, Bill’s journey with cancer. The pain is not lessened, the sadness and hurt is real, but so are the joy, the contentment, and the peace of mind that Bill had, knowing that he was going home. Highly recommended for everyone, not just the suffering.”                         
V.J. (Vic) Wiebe, Jr., Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

“When I first began reading the book, I didn’t know anything about Bill Williams other than the legacy of a life lived for the Lord. It only took the completion of one letter to be mesmerized by his testimony. The entire book is composed in such a way that makes you feel connected to this man’s journey in faith. This Christian Brother’s account of his suffering on earth leaves the rest of us challenged to live out our lives in a way that honors and glorifies the Lord. Reading about his experience on these pages illustrated for me what it looks like for a man who purely loves his God to turn a time of trouble and trial into an opportunity for great joy (James 1:2).”
Lissa Oliver, Granbury, Texas

“Looking back at the emotional suffering we experienced with the death of our beloved son-in-law to cancer, had we had this book, our pain could have been replaced with understanding of God’s plan for all of us. It’s truly inspirational.”
Gloria Martin, Acton, Texas

“What a wonderful testimony to God's love and power. I enjoyed reading this book, and even more reflecting on the questions and the scripture following and within each chapter. Listening to what God is telling me through this book makes my love grow stronger. God is present with us in the every day events of our lives. This book gives examples of his presence and enduring love through any circumstance. Thank you for showing us that the time here on earth is limited, and to spend it wisely. God bless you!”
Carrie Bellamie, Granbury, Texas

My gratitude to the Lord for His hand in this passion project and to the people who took the time to write is enormous. So far I’ve had the privilege of giving out my dad’s testimony and am enjoying the excuse to reach out to people. I’m confident it will end up in the hands of those in need of encouragement and inspiration.

Praise God for giving us pain and trials that He uses to teach us, reveal the darkness in our hearts, and make us more like His perfect Son. I’ve found that the greatest miracles in life sometimes come disguised as things perceived to be horrible at the time. They end up being the most profound blessings and lessons if I trust in God and ask Him what he wants to teach me as He walks with me through it.

Thank you all for taking the time to read “Cancer Chronicles” and passing it on. If you feel led to submit a review on www.amazon.com, just search the words: Cancer Chronicles Bill Williams. Scroll down because there are several books by the same name. I also plan to keep collecting testimonials. Feel free to email me any time at: melwrenbrown@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment