Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Gratitude to God for touching people through "Cancer Chronicles"!


Just a few things people are saying about Bill Williams’ journey to glorify God through gratitude detailed in “Cancer Chronicles” are -

“…the book is a treasure to us.”

“truly inspiring…”

“Captivating. I couldn’t put it down.”


“This is one of the best collections of thoughts and prayers that could have ever been assembled. I sat down and read the whole thing. I've got to tell you that it made me smile the whole way through because I got to personally see Bill Williams and Jan Williams in action and knew that what I was reading was exactly what I had witnessed firsthand. This book will be one of the most highly regarded in my collection.”
Bill Dockrey


“Cancer Chronicles was so inspirational - a real tribute to a man who through his faith fought a courageous battle with cancer. I was moved by Bill Williams' courage and the love and dedication of his family for sharing his words with the world.”
MaryAnne Beatty


“Several years ago, this friend of mine -- Bill Williams -- was diagnosed with late-stage multiple myeloma while in his early fifties. And then he contracted spinal meningitis and nearly died. It might be natural to respond, ‘that's not fair -- no man that young should have that many physical problems.’ The physical ills he endured did test his faith, as he affirmed in an email he sent to his friends following his recovery from the meningitis. Yet they also made him steadfast in his dependence on the Lord:

In “Cancer Chronicles” Bill said, “Thanks to our Lord and Savor Jesus Christ we remain steadfast. We have kept our eyes fixed on our Savor who is, the author and perfector of our faith (Hebrews 12:2); and have casts our burdens on our Heavenly Father and He has sustained us (Psalms 55:22). We observe God's providential hand in all things, especially our difficulties, and so we thank Him for the deepening of our faiths. Jan and I believe that these illnesses are not random but designed for the good of His children - count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness (James 1:1-2). All of my illnesses and recovery have produced increased steadfastness and comfort. It has been difficult yet comforting. He makes us rest more and more upon Him. We are thankful for all He brings our way because we benefit long term."

I have recently reread all of his letters, which all have a similar tone of trust and dependence on God. These letters have been compiled into a new book along with some meditations and discussion questions. I highly recommend this book. Rereading the book has reminded me why I appreciated my friendship with Bill so much.”
Terry Enns, Pastor of Grace Bible Church in Granbury, Texas


Write your own review on www.amazon.com. Search Cancer Chronicles and Bill Williams and click on the small link for reviews.

If you feel led, you can also share your testimony with others about how God has changed your life through trials. Your story or quote would be published here on my blog. Email me at: melwrenbrown@gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment