Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Profounding thought provoking review

Another wonderfully blessed review of the book God led me to compile. I've been honored and happy to hand out about 400 copies to people who God puts in my path. I've been amazed at how well it's been received. It inspires and encourages me. I'm not sure if I'll ever know what God's plan was for this book...and if 400 copies is all that will distributed or if His plan includes 400,000. Who knows. I'm just very thankful for the people who have taken the time to get back to me with reviews. Praise God! He is awesome. Following is another insightful amazon review.
"To me, Cancer Chronicles represents a true-life story of a struggle many people experience, but few are comfortable sharing. Not battling cancer, but our inherent and often overwhelming struggle with faith. As someone who continues to struggle with my faith, it provided me with an inspiration that I don't always get from reading the Bible or listening to sermons at Church.
I love the story of Jesus Christ as told through the Gospels and I do accept him as my Lord, God's only son. Yet, through the intimidation of greed, power and control that we all know mankind deals with, I find myself questioning the translations of the true knowledge this world was blessed with more than 2,000 years and 5,000 generations ago. Where does the spiritualism end and man's corruption begin?
The letters and correspondence shared in this book show the beautiful realization that comes with faith and commitment to the Lord. Reading Mr. Williams' own stories of his unsuccessful battle with cancer were emotional and heart-wrenching. However, reading of his success in being ground in Lord and growing with his faith was a pure, and very real, lesson of how God's love conquers all doubts and weaknesses.
His ability and desire to turn to the scripture and decipher the appropriate lesson at the appropriate time was nothing short of God's work. "Whether I triumph or succumb to this illness rests with the Lord." May we all have the strength to remain content with his election as you did, Mr. Williams."

No comments:

Post a Comment