Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Poem: Remain in Me

Into You I run
Sweet surrenderance
I throw myself
Escaping into romance

The funny ways you love me
That make it undeniably you
Your spirit so steady,
So unbelievably true

Into you I run
Weeping, weeping
Tears of pure joy
Words colliding
In trying to describe

I feel your breath
Smiling upon my face
The sunshine of
Your soft embrace

Pursuing me
That’s what you do,
Rocking me gently in a hug
Like a homemade quilt
Instantly erasing
The shame
The guilt

Into You I run
Into You I fall
Into You I am
Into You I’m all

Showering me with your spirit
Your overwhelming inspiration
Making my soul sing
In anticipation of the
drink of water tomorrow
promises to bring

Your words ring true,
Remain in Me,
And I’ll remain in you

No comments:

Post a Comment