Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sorrow = Victory

“Those who sow in tears will reap with shouts of joy. Though one goes along weeping, carrying the bag of seed, he will surely come back with shouts of joy, carrying his sheaves.” Psalm 126:5-6
I’ve noticed that many times right after I experience perhaps the greatest victory in my life, immediately after falls the greatest sorrow. Could it be that success is made of the same substance as failure? I think so since failure can also be considered success. If this is true, then suffering can equal victory.
One example of this is when my dad died. It was a huge loss, but I felt relieved because he wasn’t suffering any more. And I knew he was in heaven, which is a victory, but at the same time a sorrow overwhelmed me when I realized I’d be separated from him. These two extreme emotions and states of mind almost collided because they were so close to each other. Instead, one replaced the other.
Another example of significant loss was a boyfriend four years ago. After he left, God gave me a season of incredible might, followed by another season of loss. I am strongest at my weakest in God’s strength.
The two forces are identical in nature and power. One minute I’m experiencing the best thing that’s ever happened to me and the next, the worst. Why is that? I see it everywhere when I look for it. The two are a mirror image.
Since this has proven true in the past, then I can be assured when I feel terrific sorrow now that terrific joy is right around the corner. Because any time there’s an ending, there has to be a beginning.



1 comment:

  1. sadly I know what you mean, but its just kind of the facts of life. It happens to everyone and for me, it only made me stronger. You have real strength inside of you, you just have to find the courage to use it.

    ReplyDelete