Friday, October 8, 2010

A Prayer for Today: Yours I'm All

Dear Lord,
Thank you for waking me to thoughts of you. Slept like a butterfly in a cocoon. You take no chances on answering my prayers for watchful rest. I’m so relaxed; I feel your weight upon my chest. I can barely walk this morning and wonder if it’s really the flu this time or just the herxheimer reaction to the IV and injection. A reply from you so sublime. No matter – I’m surrounded by you and sense your heart on top of mine, embodying my spirit so heavily I’m sedated, longing to be fruit on your vine.
Can I stay like this forever, wrapped in your arms, safe in my suffering? Even though I have your love, I long for you. Even more. Hold me closer, closer, closer than before. Never let me go. Keep my soul in your space. Please don’t ever let it stray again, far from you in my remorseful sin.
Won’t you continue to deliver me all over again today? Deliver me Jesus. Deliver me. Your hands of mercy set me free. Thanks be to you for showering me with the power of prayer yesterday. All day I felt your immeasurable greatness upon my beating heart, your sacrifice too heavy from the start.
You made me feel beautiful, despite the filth that I am. You made me soar on the wings of eagles, not letting my foot slip, even as temptations lured longingly after my reactions. How can I not tell the world about your love? You make it so real, so surreal, and so unique.
I’m excited for the drink of water that’s the promise of today. Looking forward to the women’s Bible study headed my way. Be a part of every thought I am and have, keeping me captive to your ways. I will cherish your romance the rest of my days. Please give me your strength and courage to overcome the flaws that overwhelm me. Rescue me from my self-destructive tendencies.
Only you, Lord. You’re all I need, my portion forever and ever. The smoothness of your affection runs like a river inside of me. You make me remember that my weaknesses are your strength, and you’ll go to any length to stay with me. Forgive my deafness. Forgive my inability to see you reaching out, wooing me closer. You are too much. Today you help me get up and walk. I’m so thankful I’m at home with you. I’m so completely in love with you. Yours…I’m all. I’m all yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment