Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Poem: Your Storehouses of Snow

Open your storehouses of snow,                                                     Let it come down                                                                            Over my sins                                                                                   Cover the filth below.
You lay a blanket across the ground                                                   Of my dark and painful past,                                                          When it melts, I am clean                                                                   of sins never meant to last.
The pure white washes my sins away
setting me free 
of memories of yesterday
locked inside of me.

Open your storehouses of snow,
Let it come down,
Over my sins
Help me let go

You are the majestic, white quilt
That comforts me in the storm.
I live in the temple you built,
Wrapped in your arms, safe and warm.

I’ve been so lost,
Deceived with lies,
I’ve paid the cost,
Because of compromise.

Open your storehouses of snow,
Let it come down
Around us as we dance
A second chance
In the newness of your
forgiveness I now know.

No comments:

Post a Comment