Monday, September 20, 2010

Good Grief

“Why should I ever resist any delay or disappointment, any affliction or oppression or humiliation – when I know God will use it in my life to make me like Jesus and to prepare me for heaven?” Kay Arthur

Good grief is being mindful and affected by what Jesus did on the cross for me. How he took the blame for all the mistakes I made and for running away from Him when He was reaching out to me. He is the creator of true love and grief that’s good.
Bad grief is self-destructing, and killing myself slowly – physically, mentally and spiritually, to which I can attest.
Good grief is losing someone in this life to a life with God. It’s what I consider to be a celebration of life, not the finality of it.
Bad grief is the final separation from a person I love who did not love and have a relationship with Christ. This is most definitely a reason to mourn deeply and profoundly.
Have you ever thought about what you’ll say to God as you move into eternity? When I meet God face to face and He asks me why He should allow me into His kingdom, my answer will be: “Because I’m in love with your son.”
“If you are a Christian, you are not a citizen of this world trying to get to heaven; you are a citizen of heaven making your way through this world.” Vance Hayner


1 comment:

  1. I like the quote I saw recently about heaven (sorry, cant remember who said it). It was something to the effect: It's not so much that I can't believe that people would go to hell, but that any of us deserve to get into heaven. Makes me appreciate the gift of salvation all the more!

    ReplyDelete