Friday, September 17, 2010

Listening

“I gave in, and admitted that God was God.” C.S. Lewis

God’s showing me that the most important thing I can do every day is to spend time getting to know Him. Nothing else matters. It should be my main priority. If I don’t carve out time, I grow cold and distant. He’s got a lot to tell me, if I’ll just listen.

I used to be afraid to open the Bible because of what I might discover about myself. But I’ve found it’s not a rule book in what not to do. God’s trying to make my life easier by telling me how to live, like a parent trying to warn their children and help them avoid the mistakes they made.

By finding every excuse not to read the Bible, it made it easy to sit back and convince myself that God wouldn’t speak to me or answer my prayers. He speaks to me all the time because He’s everywhere, and He sits on the throne of our hearts if we’ve got a relationship with Jesus. Many times, I’ve been guilty of ignoring Him, especially if it’s something I don’t want to hear.

How are you listening today? What’s He been telling you?


No comments:

Post a Comment