Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Prayer for Idolization

Lord, I don’t know what to do.
I believed you had delivered me
that I’d never do it again
but here I am, in the depths of sin.

How did this happen?
I thought I was free
Of the chains that bound
so tightly around me

I made a mistake,
Which I know you’ll forgive.
The problem is I’m human and tired
My patience, expired.

What is it you want to teach me?
I’m willing to grow and learn
I’m trying to use your strength
A traveler on this earth, I now sojourn

I didn’t mean to shut you out,
I longed for relief from frustration
over a battle I need not fight
I fell weak in desperation
And missed the path you tried to light

I need your help,
I don’t want to go down this road again.
I won’t survive in my own strength
Please provide your grace and mercy
That’s end has no length

I don’t want to run from you,
I know you’re here with me
That is my belief,
Through the chronic pain I feel,
You will comfort me with relief

You will guard me and protect me
You will keep me under your wing
Even though I’m weak and fail
It’s your praises I continue to sing

I desire you’re best for my life
Knowing you do out of necessacity
Replacing joy and comfort when  
What’s needed is strife.

Your thoughts are not mine,
To your will I do resign
You have my heart
And I know you’re on my side
Please give me a fresh start

No comments:

Post a Comment